Thursday, July 13, 2006

The Hanger-Shaped-Shoulder Man

When I was a child, my mother used to talk to me about responsibilities. Unfortunately for me, being the eldest child with a down syndrome brother and a sister 8 years my junior I will have to care and provide for them when I'm older. She has always reminded me about these responsibilities throughout the years of my life and emphasised alot on me giving the family a minimum of RMxxx to RMxxxx. I could say then these sense of responsibilities has been implanted in me ever since young. I am very well aware that I am responsibile for everything that I do and that I am also responsible for others.

What I do not understand is, how is it that a woman like me and I'm sure many others can learn the value and sense of responsibility and yet a man cannot. Countless times I've met men who runs away from responsibilities, be it work, play or emotions. The typical irresposible men I've learned to define are those who:

- very quickly blame others once they sense something is not right (no shortage of these men at my work place)
- extremely defensive of themselves
- have no thoughts about their own actions, what they say and how others feel and think
- deliberately put others down in front of other people to feed their ego, confidence and self-esteem (i conclude that people who does this all the time suffers a form of complex labeled as the Inferior Complex)
- talks too loud, brags too much, extremely bossy and declares themselves as jack of all trades
- at work, pawn their responsibility off on overworked colleagues or staff, hoping their talent will cover for their glaring ineptitude.

Men like these I would say are the worst kind ever. It makes you wonder if they would ever succeed in life. After several unsuccesful attempts of trying to teach them a thing or two about responsibilities I realise that these people do not learn. And they do not even think its an issue in their life. And so next time, to save ourselves from getting all worked up because of them, minimize all contact. Saves everyone time and oxygen.

By the way, just in case anyone's wondering about the title, my mother has told me quite a few times that one of the ways of detecting an irresponsible man from afar is the shape of their shoulder. If it slides down and shaped like a hanger, stay clear. Not sure bout the accuracy, but better be safe than sorry, no?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is true that it is hard for us to find completeness in men and a warrior-like character in men. There are less male than female at class, there is less male managers than female managers and I just told my sister, where did all the good men goes?

However, I know in life there is still hope and there is a real man out there still waiting for you. Sometimes we ignore him and sometimes we did not want to see him, it is all about being at the right place and time especially. Where as, if you find a man who has nothing but can lead, there you go babe, because for everyman (who can lead but must be teachable) is a woman with grace upon him that made him the man of the MAN!

Real man okays! Me too, hoping to see more in men. I am very sure the first step is to guard ourselves, set-apart so they know we women are hard to get and that we are worth every effort of their lives, be it in their career, effort in family and their inmost being and thoughts, thus ACTION!

SO all the men out there! be a go-getter!