Saturday, September 01, 2007

When a Woman Loves a Man

I got a call from Soon today telling me Mr. Big rang him and told him Ms. Mum's BF had rang Mr. Big. When Mr. Big answered the call he heard Ms. Mum's BF on the phone saying 'you mother fucker get your ass here' to someone but not to him particularly. Then Mr. Big heard on the background Ms. Mum crying hysterically and shouting. After that the phone cut off. We knew what was going on and told Mr. Big to drive over to Ms. Mum's place lest her BF is hitting her. When Mr. Big got to Ms. Mum's place, her BF refused to come out and was hiding himself in the room. So, Mr. Big asked Ms. Mum what was going on, why is she torturing herself being with him again after all that he has done etc etc and to cut a long story short, nothing was settled and Mr. Big left.

I feel the pain for Ms. Mum and I am extremely worried for her. Everyone around her has told her that her BF is psychotic, possesive and just plain crazy. How could a man accuse his own girlfriend of having an affair with all the gay friends she has, and whom she has known for several years? His reason, they are just pretending to be gay so that they could take advantage of her. That was the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard.

Ms. Mum used to be a strong and independent woman. She always believed that women could live without men as long as they are capable of taking care and financing themselves. I do not know what has happened to her. She is no longer the person she was when I knew her. Time and time this man has hurt her, not allowing her to go out, not allowing her to have any friends at all, cutting off her social life and controlling her life. Every twice a week he would go crazy shouting and screaming at her and accusing her of doing things that she did not do. But yet, again and again she forgives him and goes back to him. Even after he left her and moved out from their place, dissappearing for 2 weeks without answering any of her calls, she still waited until he came back.

Soon said to me that I could never understand why Ms. Mum is behaving like that because I am not a woman in her early 30s who is still not married when everyone around her is getting married. He said I will never understand the loneliness one would feel when you have no one to love you and care for you especially when you've hit 30 something of age.

Is it true that when you're in your 30s and have a boyfriend you would hang on to him no matter what just because you're worried you will never be able to find another one? Do we, as women really need to depend on such lousy man, giving our everything and only getting heartaches in return? I understand truly that it gets lonely, but losing your self worth and self respect for a man like that is even worse than being lonely for the rest of your life. If ever I become like that, I pray, my dear friends, bring me back to reality.

No comments: