Wednesday, July 12, 2006

how do we say 'no'? Feb 20, '05 10:09 AM

today, as i was in the shower i got to thinking.....after 22 years of living in a world where its only normal to being selfish and unaffected by emotional responsibilities, i still can't say 'no'. not that i can't say it literally...but i just can't say it to a favor. no matter how reluctant i am or how absurd the favor might be...i still can't say it! i'd always say yes...and then blame myself for being so weak and not being able to stand up! everytime i said 'no' i'd feel so guilty and then imagine how i'd feel if i were to ask someone a favor and they rejected me. not that i'm not willing to help...but sometimes these favors are ridiculous! and i know they ask me because they know i can't say 'no'! but then i thought again....not only can i not say 'no' to favors...i can't say 'no' to anything! its like i'm born a 'yes' person. 'gigi, can u do this for me, can u do that for me, can u carry this for me, can u hold that for me, can u drive me here, can u drive me there, can u get me this, can u get me that, can u blah blah blah and everything and anything would be a yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes!' i can't live through myself for saying no!! but then again, come to think of it...i'm sure there'll be times when i need help...and i'll know for sure its their turn to not able to say 'no'!!

No comments: